The knee walker (sometimes referred to as a knee cart, or knee scooter) is a steerable, kneeling scooter which comfortably supports an injured limb and is propelled using the good leg. A knee walker aids in recovery from foot surgery, breaks, sprains, and ulcers of the foot and can be switched (without tools) for use with the left or right leg.
- Is a fully maneuverable alternative to crutches, traditional walkers or wheelchairs
- Has more maneuverability than a walker or wheelchair and the ability to be used indoors and outdoors
- Allows access to confined spaces that would be difficult for walkers or wheelchairs
- Leaves both hands free for daily tasks
- Leg pad provides comfort and support
- Easy height adjustment
- Is easy to transport
Is a knee walker covered by insurance?
Knee walkers are billable to some insurances, cash rental price $70.00/month.